Terms and Conditions for Entry
By registering to participate in the TURNERment, each (“Entrant”) agrees to the following Terms and Conditions for Entry:
1. Eligibility: Entrant acknowledges that the TURNERment (the “Tournament”) is open only to U.S. fulltime, regular, benefits eligible employees of Turner or a division or subsidiary of Turner who are 18 years of age or older. Final determination of eligibility is at Turner’s sole discretion, and ineligible entrants may be disqualified. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Tournament Rulebook/Prize Money: Entrant acknowledges and agrees to comply with and be bound by the terms of the official Tournament rulebook provided by Tournament officials (the “Tournament Rulebook”). Entrant may be entitled to receive prize money based on Entrant’s performance in the Tournament in accordance with the Tournament Rulebook and/or the Tournament prize money schedule (if any) provided by the Tournament organizers (subject to the following). Entrant acknowledges and agrees that it is Entrant’s sole responsibility, and not that of any Releasee, to pay any federal, state, local or other applicable taxes that may be associated with these payments.
3. Representations/Assumption of Risk: Entrant represents, warrants, acknowledges and/or agrees that Entrant:
- Understands the nature of the Tournament;
- Is in good health, and in proper physical condition to be present at the Tournament and participate in any and all activities therein;
- Knowingly and voluntarily, accepts and assumes responsibility for any risks and dangers that could arise out of, or occur during, his/her presence at and participation in the Tournament and/or associated activities (including, without limitation, those described below); and
- Will comply with any and all on-site directions, guidelines and rules of conduct at the Tournament, as set forth by Releasees (as defined below) or their representatives.
4. Release/Waiver/Covenant Not to Sue: To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Entrant on behalf of himself/herself, his/her spouse (if any), partner, child(ren) (if any), and each of their respective past, present and future agents, representatives, heirs, executors, estates, administrators, trustees, successors, licensees, and assigns (collectively “Releasors”), hereby irrevocably RELEASE, AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS, WAIVE AND DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY of Turner Sports, Inc., Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Time Warner Inc., IMG Worldwide, LLC, IMG ESports, LLC, and the Tournament advertisers, and each of these entities’ past, present, and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, strategic partners, and related entities and each of their respective past, present and future officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors, agents, representatives, insurers, licensees, licensors, successors, predecessors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”), for and from any and all rights, claims, demands, losses, damages, expenses, costs (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees), and/or actions of any nature, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, which any of the Releasors may have or acquire in connection with the Tournament (including failure to conduct the Tournament for any reason or disqualification/removal therefrom) and Entrant’s participation in the Tournament, including, without limitation, any bodily injury, personal injury (including, without limitation, death), loss of consortium, or property damage/loss that any of the Releasors may incur in connection with the Tournament, including, without limitation, AS A RESULT OF OR ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASEES (collectively “Claims”). On behalf of the Releasors and himself/herself, Entrant further hereby irrevocably and unconditionally acquit, COVENANT AND AGREE NOT TO SUE OR INSTITUTE ANY OTHER ACTION OR CLAIM against the Releasees for any Claims arising from the Tournament.
5. Permission to Use Likeness/Name: Entrant expressly, irrevocably and unconditionally grants to each of the Releasees an unlimited, worldwide, royalty free right (but not the obligation) to make and use both visual and/or audio recordings and still images of Entrant and to use Entrant’s name, voice, likeness, and/or biological information, in whole or in part (collectively "Likeness") in any manner, medium, device, or forum whatsoever, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, the use of Entrant's Likeness in connection with the Tournament and content from the Tournament, the Releasees (and any other properties or events thereof), promotional/marketing materials and/or other materials (including, without limitation, merchandise). Entrant agrees that the rights granted hereunder shall include the unlimited, worldwide right of the Releasees to edit, display, distribute, rerun, record, publish, reproduce, license, print, distribute and/or otherwise use Entrant's Likeness in any manner and in any medium whether now known or hereafter devised, in whole or in part, without any further notice or compensation to Entrant or any other Releasor. Entrant also understands that the Tournament and/or content produced by or on behalf of the Releasees may have and/or involve sponsors and/or advertisers and that the Entrant’s Likeness may be included in the Tournament and/or such content without further consideration to any Releasor.